|Documenting Rare or Exceptional Species
When rare species are detected, we ask that the observer submit supporting
documentation of the encounter. Appropriate information includes but
is not limited to:
- Field marks and/or behavioral characteristics that were used
to identify the species.
- Duration of observation (i.e. fleeting glance, a full-minute,
- Distance from observer.
- Type of optics used to view species (i.e., 7 x 35 binos., 10
x 40 binos., none, etc.).
- Type of habitat where species was detected.
- Breeding evidence (i.e., nest, carrying nesting material, young
- References to previous breeding records for area.