Bird Banding Laboratory



Site Map Index

Contact Info

Asistencia en Espanol

Master Permit - Personal - USA

This is the most commonly issued master permit. A master permittee is authorized to conduct banding operations independently within the limitations specified on the permit. The data are submitted directly to the Bird Banding Laboratory, where they are entered into the files under the bander's permit number. Reports of all band encounters are forwarded to the bander. This type of permit is issued to qualified persons whose bird-marking activities are part of their personal research.

Master Permittees may request applications for subpermittees if they require assistants to work independently (out of direct supervision).

A holder of a master-personal permit must:

How to Apply

Go to Bird Marking and Salvage Permits