Bird Banding Laboratory



Site Map Index

Contact Info

Asistencia en Espanol

Additional States/Countries

Please allow 2 months lead time to process your revision request.

To request permission to band in additional states or countries using Federal bands please provide the BBL with the following information.

- Master's name and permit number and any subpermits that require this permission
- States/countries needed (for work outside the USA, only North American migrants can be banded with Federal bands)
- Applicants qualifications and resume of banding experience (training, experience, previous permits held)
- Project Proposal

Banders should not trap or mark birds nor use North American bands in another country without first obtaining any permits or licenses required in that country. For more information, click here.

For more information about Mexican and Costa Rican banding permits, click here.

This information can be sent to